Sexed up in Spring




Sexed Up in Spring
 
A few years ago, I attended a Loving Kindness Retreat at the picturesque Dzogchen Beara in County Cork, Ireland. It was typical of the Dzogchen Beara retreats: idyllic landscape, expert teachers, a group of mismatched students bonding beautifully.  We were held in the space and for those few days we gazed with our eyes partially open, upon the wild Atlantic. We even launched ourselves and our mismatched underwear into the freezing waves. It was one of those retreats where, communally, we reignited our sense of purpose, of knowing and trust, and of seeing ourselves, once again as children.  


It was toward the end of our second day, after our exhilarating ocean swim and after much laughter, that we sat for afternoon Loving Kindness meditation. I was in the zone of complete happiness and ease, minding my own business and meditating joyfully when I caught on fire.  I’m not talking about a few ripples of blissful sensations but a palpable, roaring energy that exploded from my deep spine and gushed out of my solar plexus, my heart, throat, forehead and crown – literally every cell of my body that was within awareness was on fire. 


I felt the incineration of dense energy and in retrospect an almost inevitable release of earthy, sensual energy – it was ecstatic. That energy was so enormous I wondered at the time if my meditation crew were looking at me sideways as wave upon wave crashed through me.


It was during those long beautiful moments that there seemed to be every possibility, every open door, a liberated beginning with no end. 


It took a few years to embody this energy, to feel full, open and connected. The experience, has somehow lessened my ego and connected me to the majestic nature of all things. Which is why in Spring, when the flowers open, and earth to be dug, that I’m all sexed up, lifting my face to the sun, and leaning on the spade. It seems I am constantly coming home to my yoga practice, of rebirth, of release and reconnecting. 

After all the universe exists in our bodies.



Kundalini energy can awaken spontaneously and can trigger psychological or physical issues. Stay close to your teacher or guru. Be watchful. Be kind.


Comments