The Positives

HI All,

My mum asked me to write her an email detailing how the Coronavirus has impacted our lives in Ireland. Here are a list of the positives.

1. Lots of time with my 18 year old son who is desperate to move out of home and into the big world. Watching him reading in the sun, giggling with his younger sister, chatting at the dinner table - I am cherishing this last little bit of time with him and feel extremely lucky to have it.

2. Lots of time with my 14 year old daughter who is still delightful. She is happy and fun and I love watching her leaning against the glass door, warming her back, and stretching out her forever legs.

3. John is working from home and I am pleased. Not commuting is one element of his hectic life that has slowed him down. We are all enjoying having him home for dinners. Feels like family again.

4. Out less so spending less. Ordering local produce can sometimes be price restrictive but as we are spending less on petrol, and miscellaneous shopping, I can lash out on the good stuff. Everything from organic fruit and veg, homemade sourdough, handmade chocolate, vinegar, soap, and organic milk in a glass bottle - just like the old days. We live in coastal/rural Ireland and have a passionate organic community so we are lucky to be getting the very best.

5. It is spring so the tiny birds are back; nesting and chirping. The fruit trees I planted last year are spreading different shades of green leaves to the sun. Purple and yellow bulbs popping out of grassy mounds - the garden is coming alive and this is for me, the most exciting time of the year.

6. Life has slowed down. Exactly what our family needed.

So, there are the positives.

Love V

Comments