With love for Karma Yoga



                                                                   Kinsale Men's Shed

My overarching yogic philosophy is to teach and live with absolute love and kindness.  This life philosophy is no artificial robe and it embraces my own selfish desire to live and teach as honestly and with as much emotional freedom as possible. This intention to create a loving and safe environment for all people, enabled me to embrace Yogic Service or Karma Service with a blissful sense of well-being, firstly for myself and then and for those in our service relationship.

To support myself in yoga; to nurture, to thrive, and to continue learning I have carved a space of yogic service.  The open and compassionate relationship of both parties enables us to spiritually thrive together – without boundaries of age, physicality, religion or language we come to know one another.   

The law of Karma is indeed our life learning and in the giving I feel a great un-peeling of ego, of misconceptions, or perhaps some of my own karmic inheritance. The Great Law of Karma, ‘As you sow, you shall reap’ has never felt so abundant as when I turn up to a cold, dusty room with a group of age and wisdom filled bodies. Or even with a group of screeching 5 year old kids to plant a few seeds of yoga.  

The Law of Creation insists that we must participate in life and to actively create a space with clear intentions, be gentle in allowing ourselves to live authentically.  And to compassionately continue to draw ourselves away from negative thoughts and actions. Thus inviting the blessings of well-being and charity.

Last year I had felt no sense of joy or well being from my voluntary activities until I decided to share my true self in service. Thanks to the generosity of yoga students, and atmosphere of the yoga temple, I am fully authentic and steeped deeply in my own self when practicing and teaching yoga. This is what I wanted to share; love,kindness and a willingness to help wherever I could.

Karma Yoga is a service of which I can both give and receive.  It has allowed me to grow in spirit, to take responsibility for others, and nail down my own spiritual values. Giving service has been one of my greatest learnings and an abundant vessel of spiritual love.

Comments